"Vigorously told deceptions and battle scenes." ~Publishers Weekly review of Eolyn

"The characters are at their best when the events engulfing them are at their worst." ~Publishers Weekly review of High Maga

Monday, March 12, 2012

LunaCon 2012

Lunacon Weekend has finally arrived!  New York's oldest science fiction and fantasy convention starts this Friday, March 16.  I'll be there the entire weekend, along with fellow Hadley Rille Books authors Terri-Lynne DeFino and Lawrence M. Schoen. Guests of Honor for Lunacon include John Ringo, Howard Tayler, Tamora Pierce, and Andy & Kristin Looney. 

I was very excited to learn this past weekend that I've been assigned to several panels and events.  Here's my schedule for the con:

Saturday, May 17

12:00pm -- Hadley Rille Books Authors Panel.  Terri-Lynne DeFino will also be on this panel, as will Hugo Award nominee Lawrence M. Schoen.  The panel will be in William Odelle, and we will follow up with an autograph session afterwards at 1:00pm in Westchester Assembly.

5:00pm -- Ecology of Fantasy Worlds.  I'll be moderating this panel discussion.  Our panelists will include Lawrence Kramer, John J. Pierce and Laura Anne Gilman.  Look for us in William Odelle.

7:00pm -- Reading.  I haven't decided what I'm going to read yet.  It may be an excerpt from Eolyn, or one of my short stories.  Or maybe I'll give a sneak preview of High Maga, the companion novel to Eolyn that is currently in the works.  Look for me in Bartell, and feel free to tell me what you'd like to hear!

Sunday, May 18

10:00am -- The Alternate Regency.  Okay, I admit I don't know what the focus of this panel will be.  Which means it's a good thing I'm not the one moderating.  But I'll be sitting at the table with something to say, along with Byron P. Connell, Meredith Schwartz, and Susan de Guardiola.  Look for us in Birch.

11:00am -- Creating Believable Fantasy Animals.  This one's mine, all mine, to moderate.  Bwahahahaha!  Panelists will include Keira Sokolowski, Robert J. Howe, and fellow Hadley Rille author Lawrence M. Schoen.  We'll be in Birch.

That's my schedule.  Other than these activities, I'll be attending as many panels and meeting as many people as I can, hopefully adding some excellent reads to my list, getting a few books autographed, and all and all finishing the weekend happier than I started it.

If you're planning to go to Lunacon, please stop by and say hi.  If you would like to view Terri-Lynne DeFino's schedule, it's available on our LunaCon Schedule Page at Heroines of Fantasy

Speaking of Heroines of Fantasy, I'm up this week with a post on tears and crying.  When and under what circumstances is crying acceptable for our fantasy heroes and heroines?  Stop by to read my take and please, share yours.  Here's the link:  No Woman No Cry  Looking forward to seeing you there.