"Vigorously told deceptions and battle scenes." ~Publishers Weekly review of Eolyn

"The characters are at their best when the events engulfing them are at their worst." ~Publishers Weekly review of High Maga

Saturday, May 22, 2010

EOLYN to be published by Hadley Rille Books in 2011

This is one of the most exciting times of my life.

Just three days ago, Eric T. Reynolds of Hadley Rille Books contacted me with the good news. I had already set up this blog - worked out formats, images, content, etc. - but I never anticipated that my first official post would be this announcement:

EOLYN is going to be published by Hadley Rille Books in 2011.

Like me, Hadley Rille is based in Kansas City. I first found out about them through my local writer's group, the Dead Horse Society. Last fall, I attended a Hadley Rille event - the book opening of Kim Vandervort's wonderful novel The Song and the Sorceress. It was this book - which follows a courageous and determined heroine through a world rich in adventure and history - that inspired me to submit my own manuscript to Hadley Rille. I thought, "If they like Ki'leah, perhaps they will like Eolyn too." And I was right! Hooray!

Now, what was going to be a blog about writing my book will also be a blog about publishing my book. But most of all, this blog is about the amazing journey I've had - am having, will continue to have - with "Eolyn". Everything that I've experienced and learned through writing (and now publishing!) her story is everything that I want to share with you.

So welcome to the adventure! I look forward to sharing it with you.


Today's photo was taken in Talamanca, Costa Rica - the same forests that inspired Eolyn's childhood home in the South Woods.