"Vigorously told deceptions and battle scenes." ~Publishers Weekly review of Eolyn

"The characters are at their best when the events engulfing them are at their worst." ~Publishers Weekly review of High Maga

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Origin of Magic


Truth is, I don't like listening to recordings of me. But I'll let you guys do it. This is a gift from my friend Brent Bowen, a wonderful author & member of my local writer's group, the Dead Horse Society (DHS). It's a recording of a reading I did last fall with several other DHS authors - my first public reading ever. I read ALL of chapter five, where Ghemena tells Eolyn how magic was given to her people. So it was quite a preview. But it was also very looooong. 13 minutes!

For your benefit, I've spliced this version to about 8 minutes. (It took me the better part of the afternoon to figure out how to do that, by the way - I've never spliced a video before!) Shorter, but you may still want to get a cup of coffee or tea or something before you sit down to listen.


Hope you enjoy!