"Vigorously told deceptions and battle scenes." ~Publishers Weekly review of Eolyn

"The characters are at their best when the events engulfing them are at their worst." ~Publishers Weekly review of High Maga

Monday, May 9, 2011

Launch Party for EOLYN

We had a great day on May 7 at the Writers Place, with around ninety guests eager to learn about Eolyn and her world.  I was overwhelmed not only by the number of people who showed up, but by the very special guests that we had -- all the friends, family and colleagues who joined us for the celebration.  People that I've known since I was a little girl were sitting alongside the many new friends I have made since returning to my home town just a few years back. Some had even crossed rivers, mountains and oceans to be here.  It was an unforgettable reunion, filled with a lot of excitement and positive energy.

Those of you who have been keeping close track of EOLYN's journey probably remember that May 6 was the official release date.  Amazon began offering the hardcover edition over a week before, with Amazon Canada and Amazon UK putting up the title for pre-order.  But by May 6, EOLYN had gone truly global.  In addition to Amazon Canada and Amazon UK, it is now available for order through Barnes&Noble, Amazon Germany, Amazon France and even Amazon Japan

On Sunday, May 15th, I will be at Powells Books, 3415 Cedar Hills Blvd, Beaverton, Oregon starting at 5pm.  Copies of EOLYN will be available for purchase and signing.  If you live in the Portland area, please stop by!

Here's a brief video from the Launch Party that shows me in action during the presentation of the novel:



And you can listen to my readings of chapters 2 and 4 here:



Afterwards, I did a question and answer session with Hadley Rille Books editor Eric T. Reynolds, which you can listen to here:



You can also download the full audiorecording of my presentation of the novel and both readings at this link:


And -- last but not least -- I've posted photos on my Facebook Page for EOLYN

That's the news for this week.  EOLYN is on her way!