"Vigorously told deceptions and battle scenes." ~Publishers Weekly review of Eolyn

"The characters are at their best when the events engulfing them are at their worst." ~Publishers Weekly review of High Maga

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A New Look for Spring

I took some time this week to make a new banner for the blog, incorporating Jesse Smolover's cover art for EOLYN.  I hope you like it.  It's wonderful to have an image unique to this novel now, and Jesse did such a fantastic job of capturing the mood we were after.  I've also put the cover art on my desktop, so every time I open up the computer, there she is:  Eolyn, looking out from the forest, ready to meet her destiny. 

We have 33 days to go until the launch of the novel!  The cover design by Melissa J. Lytton is looking marvelous, though it's not quite ready to unveil yet.  I'll be sure to post as soon as it is. 

I anticipate that from now until the launch, I will be posting on the blog as news comes up (as opposed to regularly once a week, as has been my habit).  So, when the cover design is ready for EOLYN, I will put it on the blog.  When a professional review is published (and those are due to start coming down the pipelines any day now), I will share it.  I will also keep you posted on events, as there will be many in the coming weeks.  Here are a few to keep in mind:

On April 29 at 7pm  (date and time to be confirmed shortly), Avila University will host a pre-launch event for EOLYN at the Hooley-Bundshu Library.  I'll do some readings from the novel, and copies will be available in paperback for purchase and signing.  This event is open to the public, so feel free to invite friends and family.  It's a good alternative if you can't make the official launch party on May 7 (although you are, of course, more than welcome to attend both parties!), and it will give you the chance to preview the novel before it's officially released.

On May 7 at 2pm, Hadley Rille Books will host the official Launch Party at the Writers Place in Kansas City, Missouri.  This is going to be a great event -- the guest list is starting to come together, and I am so excited about the amazing and talented people who will be in attendance.  Please join us for a wonderful afternoon of story telling and book signing, and bring friends and family -- the event is open to the public.  EOLYN will be available in hardback and paperback for purchase and signing.

On May 15 at 5pm, Powells Books will host a signing at the Cedar Hills Crossing store,  3415 SW Cedar Hills Blvd, Beaverton, Oregon.  Those of you who live in the Portland area, this is your chance to obtain a signed copy of the novel!

May 27-29, I will be at Kansas City's own ConQuest, a great weekend celebrating the traditions of sci-fi and fantasy.  I'll be participating in readings and signings and will post the details as soon as they are available. 

Make sure you visit the Events and Announcements Page for the most updated information on signings and other activities for EOLYN.