"Vigorously told deceptions and battle scenes." ~Publishers Weekly review of Eolyn

"The characters are at their best when the events engulfing them are at their worst." ~Publishers Weekly review of High Maga

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Exciting News and Fun Interviews


Great news!  I met with my editor Eric T. Reynolds last week, and the release date for High Maga is now official.  Officially official.  I mean, it can't get any more official than this!

First we said Spring of 2014.

Then we narrowed it down to April.

For the last several weeks, I've had my countdown timer set to April 26, just to play it safe.

And now (drumroll) here is the date as confirmed by the chief editor of Hadley Rille Books himself

April 4, 2014.

That's right: 
04-04-2014

Easy to remember, but mark your calendars anyway. 

For those of you who have been watching the clock, I'm sure you're happy to realize your wait has been shortened by a full 22 days! As soon as the ARCs are ready, I'll be hosting some pre-release events and giveaways.  I cannot wait to share this story with you!  But, unfortunately, I have to wait, just a little while longer.

In the meantime, check out the sneak preview of the amazing cover art below!

Speaking of exciting events, author Deb Sturgess hosted me on her blog recently with an audio interview for her series, Embrace Magic, a weekly conversation about fantasy and romance.  We had a great chat about what inspired Eolyn, the importance of flawed characters, challenges of publishing, and keeping everything in balance in the life of a writer.  Please stop by Deb's blog to listen to the interview, and to share your comments and questions. 

Tonight I'll be heading over to Prospero's Uptown Books for open mic readings.  The topic?  Animals!  I've got a lot of material I could offer, but for the moment I've narrowed it down to either the wolf fight between Akmael and Eolyn, or Selenia and the Mulian Dragon from 'Creatures of Light'. (Suggestions and preferences would be much appreciated!) I'm also very much looking forward to hearing stories from other KC area authors.  It should be a great time, and I hope you'll stop by if you're in the neighborhood. 

SNEAK PREVIEW:  Here's a small piece of the cover art for
High Maga, currently in progress by Thomas Vanderberg