"Vigorously told deceptions and battle scenes." ~Publishers Weekly review of Eolyn

"The characters are at their best when the events engulfing them are at their worst." ~Publishers Weekly review of High Maga

Monday, April 9, 2012

Down to Earth 2012

I'm going to keep it short this week, as most of my blogging energy went into my post for Heroines of Fantasy.  Please stop by there to read my musings about forests in storytelling, in part a tribute to Earth Day, in part a continuation of my Andrews Forest Writers Residency experience. 

Also happening this week:  Down to Earth 2012!  Explore a universe of adventure with Hadley Rille Books at this meet-the-author event, featuring science fiction and fantasy authors James Gunn, Christopher McKitterick, M.C. Chambers, and me.  We'll be at Jayhawk Ink Bookstore in Lawrence, Kansas, starting at 4:00pm on April 13.  Brief readings will be followed by a mixer; books will be available for purchase and signing. 

Last but not least:  High Maga, the companion novel to Eolyn, has topped 110K words.  Everything is on schedule to finish the manuscript this summer.  Hooray!  This is such an exciting novel, and I cannot wait to share it with the world. 

Next week, we start Eolyn's birthday celebration.  Be sure to stop by to find out how you can join the fun.