"Vigorously told deceptions and battle scenes." ~Publishers Weekly review of Eolyn

"The characters are at their best when the events engulfing them are at their worst." ~Publishers Weekly review of High Maga

Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Hunt for Eolyn

Well, it looks like October is becoming "audio excerpts from Eolyn" month.  This recording from Ignition, the annual reading of the Dead Horse Society, was provided by author and good friend Brent Bowman.  (Thank you, Brent!)

A couple announcements before going on to the reading.

First, my short story "Creatures of Light" is now available in the October issue of Adventures for the Modern Woman.  Stop by the Adventures Website to order your copy of the magazine, which includes lots of fun and scary stories for the Halloween season.

Second, next weekend is it!  The World Fantasy Convention starts on Thursday in Columbus, Ohio.  This will by my first pro fantasy con, and I am very excited.  Hadley Rille Books will be well represented.  My editor, Eric T. Reynolds, will be there, along with Terri-Lynne DeFino (author of FINDER) and other Hadley Rille authors.  I will present EOLYN on Saturday, October 30, at 10am.  The presentation will include a brief description of the book, a reading, and a question-and-answer session.  I hope to see you there.

Okay.  Here's the audio recording.  I give a pretty thorough introduction to the scene in the recording itself, so I won't bother writing anymore about it here, except to say: This is an excerpt from Chapter 38, and I hope you enjoy it.